Followers

Monday, June 30, 2014

Travel Journal

Hi All


Some of you allready know, we will be traveling to the USA 12 th of july and have the biggest vacation ever :-)

I am looking forward to this adventure very much. This is probably the last vacation togehter with the kids and it will be the longest time away from home for us ever.  Because I usually take some crafty things with me on vacations I thought to document our trip in a Travel Journal. This will be my fist travel journal so no idea how this will turn out, or if I can keep up with writing in it.

Well I am prepared now, the journal is ready to go (well at least the cover is, the inside is still blank)

I used DecoArt Americana Acrylics to paint the cover of the book (it's a dummy book) the colours I used are Red Alert, Snow White, Lamp Black, True Blue. The red letter are written using a Deco Art Glass Paint marker (yes they are supposed to be used on glass, but I found they can write over acrylic paint too, not a lot markers can do that) I protected the cover with two layers of Dura Clear Matte Varnish.


I made the stripes using masking tape, the stars are a foam stamp, and the statue of liberty is a stencil (had that for ages, it's no longer available, think it's from Avec)


some closer looks, the front:
 the front, spine and the back :-)
 the back

I will enter the following challenges

http://www.4craftychicks.blogspot.nl/2014/06/4-cc-200-stripes.html

http://redcarpetstudiochallenge.blogspot.nl/2014/06/rcs-73-born-on-fourth-of-july.html

http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.ca/2014/06/challenge-13-patriotic-colors.html

8 comments:

  1. what a fabulous journal! Just love the names that you have added to the top of it.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! I hope you enjoy your visit to the States! Good luck with your journal! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks for our 200th Challenge!
    Tina - DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, love the cover! It looks like you will be driving through some of my state (Ut) I'm between Vegas and Salt Lake, but closer to Vegas! If you had time, Zion National Park is just 45 minutes from St. George and a gorgeous place to visit! Have fun on your trip, that is so exciting!! Thank you for sharing your journal with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Monique this is beautiful. I love it. Fantastic patriotic journal. Thank you for joining our Patriotic Challenge at Open Minded Crafting Fun.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! This is FANTASTIC! Love the stamp! Amazing job!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Creation. Thanks for playing at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Creation and fits our patriotic theme perfectly. Thank you for joining us over at Open Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant and simply perfect for the Polkadoodles Challenge.Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete